7 tips for carrying in a sling
First of all: using a sling is not as complicated as it looks. It's just a matter of practice and, once you've got it, it's really fun. It is not for nothing that there are true fans of slings and mums who even collect them.
There are a few tips that we can give you so that you can use your sling safely.
1. In theory, you can use slings right after your baby is born. However, you should rest in the first few weeks and enjoy your puerperium. You can use our wipes for babies from 3.5 kg to approx. 15 kg.
2. Make sure that your baby is always facing you in the sling. So it is not exposed to overstimulation and can always withdraw if it likes.
In addition, an unnatural hollow back posture is avoided. When it gets bigger and wants to discover more, you can carry your child on your back. So it faces your direction and can discover the world together with you.
3. Your baby needs to be able to breathe. The towel should NEVER completely cover your baby's face. No matter how cold it is outside!
4. Your baby must always be adequately supported. The cloth should sit wrinkle-free on the back and the neck / head must be supported. You can wrap a cheesecloth in the sling as an additional neck support. It is best to always hold one hand on your baby while carrying it.
5. Your baby's knees need to be slightly higher than their bottom. Normally, your baby automatically adopts the spread-squat position. This is how you should wear it!
6. The length of the cloth must always run from the hollow of the knee to the hollow of the knee.
7. Before using the cloth for the first time, you should wash it once. Our goods are washed after weaving, but the more often you wash and wear our baby sling, the softer it becomes. It can also run in at the beginning, but that is completely normal.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us or visit a carrying advisor in your city.
Your Natalie & Hodays